Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm an expert in the little things...


Stamen in the flowers, barnacles on the shells, eyelashes on the puppy, sunlight splashing across the oak trees, moss growing on the fence, hand written notes, flowers left on your counter, the little things in life that give peace in your heart. Over the past 37 and a half years I have been very aware of the little things. How the special parts of every day life make a difference when you talk about them, help them out, photograph them, and point them out to those who are moving to fast to notice. My heart is full when it recognizes the little details, remembers them and brings them out in a positive way for my family and friends. When I am helping my Grandmother pick out a suit for my little brother's wedding, when I am making a special plate with the footprint of my niece, or when I am photographing that special moment that no one else saw at an event where something glorious is taking place I am crafting my expertise in little things. Nothing feels better than when you remember that little something that makes your favorite people have a happier, easier and peaceful life. All of this helps me to realize, grow and be comfortable in this life I never can seem to control.

No comments:

Post a Comment